Sunday, June 22, 2008

Holy as all get out (no serisously, get out)

mood: laughing at my seriousness
reading: end of James 2
next week: work, looking for a better job
what I miss: dang, Vienna man, painfully

Strength, weakness, trust, forgiveness
Sure I have some strength
But God loves my weakness
When I use my strength my pride swells up and I look good. Dang good.
But God uses my weakness, my weak will to sin, my unsure words, and love that has no confidence.
He uses those things and changes my world with them . . . and I am humbled.
Humility brings me closer to grace. Grace works in me to sanctify me.

Humanness - holiness
Ah yes, now I remember. (Mothers will warn their children about me for saying this, lol.)
Sin is indeed harmful.
And God's desire is to deliver us from it.
Through grace. Through sanctification.
But most of the time I expect God to rise me up on wings of eagles and fly over my problem . . . (sin, addiction, whatever label it gets.) So I beg God to take me above my humanness, make me (literally by def.) super human. But as the scripture lists it, (Isaiah 40:31) and P. Lloyd pointed out - first you fly, then you run, but most of the time, you walk. Walking is as human as it gets (just above crawling, which I do a lot of too, heh.) So maybe sanctification <-> holiness <-> deliverance is a walk with God, as human as it gets, not superhuman for the elitist few.
*Disclaimer* When I walk though, I definitely trip along the way, but God knows this. (not suggesting He causes or desires for us to fail) Otherwise we would all be flying, no stumbling in the air.
Hmm, perhaps such things that are hard in life, those things everyone can say is a weakness, i.e. pride, grieving, doubt etc. are not things we learn how to fly over as we become sanctified super Christians... but things we learn how to walk through with greater wisdom and grace, rather than avoidance.
Take grieving, you got your denial, anger, bargaining and acceptance stages of the common griever. I have seen people, myself included, try to "skip" a step in the process, thinking, "Since God has delivered me, he will keep me from anger" and trying to go through the process faster. But then you just have to deal with that feeling later, you don't get any shortcuts in life. Especially when you are a Christian. Shortcuts are for wimps.

No comments: